Salem Arts is offering two solo exhibition opportunities.
Submissions must be delivered by 5:00 PM on Sunday April 14, 2019.
Exhibit Opportunities are
1. July 6 - 28
2. August 2 - 31
You may submit your application to be considered by providing the information requested below.
Members of the Salem Arts Gallery Committee and Board of Directors will jury submissions.
Interested Salem Arts Association member artists may hand-deliver their application to the Salem Arts Gallery on the first floor of Old Town Hall. OR use the REGISTRATION BUTTON on this page, or email to email@example.com (Snail-Mail submissions will not be accepted).
How to enter:
1. Provide 10-15 JPG images of your current work via the REGISTRATION BUTTON on this page, flash drive, digital download (e.g iCloud or Dropbox), or a CD-ROM disc.
1. Minimum image file size should be 1024 pixels in width or height for each sample image
2. Images must be labeled with the artists first initial, last name, and the file number. (Example jdoe-1.jpg)
3. A numbered list of the images must be included. This should be printed and included with your proposal statement and exhibition description. Do not just include in in your disc or drive.
2. Submitted images should be recently produced and not have been exhibited previously at Salem Arts galleries.
3. Submitted images must be representative of the quality, medium, and content to be exhibited.
4. The exhibition will be awarded based on the work that is submitted. It is expected that some, if not all of the submitted work to be included in the exhibit.
5. The majority of the artwork should be for sale; Salem Arts encourages gallery sales and receives a 25% commission on all work sold.
6. New and/or additional work may be added to an accepted exhibit proposal but should be characteristic of the work submitted with your proposal and discussed with the gallery chairperson.
7. Provide the following information as a PDF or printed on 8.5x11 letter size paper with your digital image submissions.
1. Resume/Vitae containing your background, contact information, email address, phone, and website.
2. Written description of your proposed exhibition, theme, content, and any special needs for display.
3. The numbered list of images provided in your digital samples.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Salem Arts Association artist membership must be current at the time of application and exhibition for eligibility.
Artists will be notified on on or before May 1 of the juror’s decisions.
If your exhibition proposal is accepted:
1. A fee of $100.00 will be required for the use of the gallery.
2. The awarded solo exhibition will be in the gallery room on the left (across from the Hill room). This gallery offers approximately 40 linear feet of wall space.
3. Exhibit will be open for one month
4. Installation will be done the week prior to the opening day. Times may be negotiated with the gallery chairperson.
5. Work must be removed from the gallery the last Sunday of the month.
6. The artist is expected to host an exhibition reception. Reception date must be negotiated with the gallery chairperson.
7. The artist is expected to host a workshop or gallery talk event in the gallery during the exhibition. Date may be planned with the gallery chairperson.
8. Salem Arts will promote the exhibition on our website and social media.
9. Salem Arts will provide 100 postcards and 10 posters. Design assistance will be offered with collaboration from the selected artist.
Questions should be directed to the Gallery Committee by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org