Holiday Artists' Market Weekends at Salem Arts Association Galleries.
Every Weekend from November 14 through December 13, 2020
Saturdays and Sundays 12-6 PM
The Salem Arts Association invites artists and artisans (aka vendors) to showcase and sell their work at our Holiday Artists’ Market at Salem Arts Association Galleries.
The Holiday Artists’ Market Weekends will feature a quality selection of vendors of artwork and handmade artisan products.
With 2020 Event challenges brought on by the Covid-19 Pandemic we will be hosting our annual Holiday Artists' Market with a twist. Artists can sign up for weekend spots to sell your creations at our galleries in Salem.
Each artist may sign up for up to two spots.
We will provide tables situated in three of our galleries that you can display your work for sale and decorate to express your brand.
Choices will include two spaces with a 3x6 foot table in the Derby Wharf Gallery and Central Wharf Gallery, or for an extra $20 fee, a larger 4x10 foot conference table in the Pickering Wharf Gallery. All spaces are on teh second floor.
Registration fee for each spot is $40 for Members of Salem Arts and $80 for non members. Larger table is an added $20 upgrade fee.
We are looking forward to seeing a lively market opportunity with all kinds of various creative styles for our customers to shop your handmade treasures for self, friends and family.
Here you will find an application for participation along with the market guidelines. As indicated in the guidelines, we will provide table, chair, and access to power. We require all vendors to bring their own display props to define their selling space and to add to the visual ambiance of this seasonal market.
Once we have received and reviewed your application and payment, you will receive an acceptance email and can confirm your dates. Reviews of applications will happen on the Saturday following your application. Up to two dates can be purchased.
We will also provide marketing promotional materials that you can send out or post on your social media to promote your participation in addition to our own marketing efforts. The more we cross promote, the more successful the market we’ll be! We will provide a link to marketing materials.
Vendor Guidelines for Artists’ Holiday Market
All artists regardless of race, gender, belief, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disabilities are eligible to apply.
Applications will be juried by our event committee. All items must be entirely handmade by the participating artist.
Artists may register for up to two dates by submitting the application form multiple times.
Vendor Fee (Per Date - Up to two):
- $40 for Salem Arts members
- $80 for Non Members
- $20 upgrade fee for use of the larger 4x10 table (limited availability)
- To register for two dates you must submit two applications.
- Fee includes a non-refundable application fee of $15.00. Should any proposal be rejected a refund, minus the application fee, will be issued.
Dates and Times - All spots run 12-6 PM
- Saturday November 14
- Sunday November 15
- Saturday November 21
- Sunday November 22
- Saturday November 28 (Small Business Saturday)
- Sunday November 29
- Saturday December 5
- Sunday December 6
- Saturday December 12
- Sunday December 13
Up to three artists will be on display for each date.
- Vendor will be provided an 3x6 table and chair with access to an electrical outlet. Or 4x10 table for an extra upgrade $20 fee
- Vendors are required to submit 3-5 photos of your products and a description of how you will display your items. All items must be displayed on the provided tables. No standing walls will be permitted. Print racks are acceptable.
- Notification of acceptance will be emailed on the Saturday following your application.
- Payment is required to complete acceptance of registration.
- Dates/Spaces are limited and are awarded on a first come first served basis.
- Artists must provide their own lighting, displays, table covers, etc.
- No wall displays will be permitted. All display must be table top only.
- One print rack is allowed.
- Artists must be set up and ready before 12:00 PM. Access will be 11AM for set up.
- Artists may not break down their selling space in advance of the closing time of 6PM.
- The gallery is secure and vendors may leave their set up overnight if renting two consecutive days (Saturday & Sunday).
- Salem Arts or our partners are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- We will have a loading zone in front of the gallery or via our patio but vendors must move their vehicles to a legal parking spot after unloading and loading.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be granted after the application is submitted. A non-refundable application fee of $15.00 is excluded from the refund if your application is rejected.
Publicity: All paid vendors will be listed on the Salem Arts Association Website and social media pages (Facebook and instagram) as well as local calendar pages. We encourage all vendors to list the Artists’ Holiday Market dates on their own website/Facebook page to increase publicity of the event.
Salem Arts will provide a link to shared marketing materials, graphics, etc.
Precautions: We must follow social distancing and space capacity restrictions. Spaces will be limited to 5 guests per gallery room at a time. It will be the artists responsibility to monitor the capacity in the gallery space where your vending table is located.
Liability: Salem Arts Association is not responsible for any damage, loss, or theft of personal belongings or merchandise, or loss of any product. Please be careful and responsible for your selling area and we recommend that vendors carry their own insurance. Any accidents caused by a vendors set-up of or goods will be the responsibility of that vendor. Artists’ Holiday Market is not responsible for any personal injury during the market events.
Sales Tax/Permits: Vendors will manage their own sales. All vendors are responsible for abiding by all tax laws, including sales tax collection, licenses, permits or insurance as required by law to conduct your business. Artists’ Holiday Market is not responsible for collecting sales tax for vendors from customers.
Media Release/Consent: All Vendors agree to allow Artists’ Holiday Market permission to display all business information and photos on its Facebook page and website. Further, all Vendors grant permission for Artists’ Holiday Market to publish any photos or video taken during the Market for the purpose of promoting all future Salem Arts Association events. All photographs, negatives and videotapes will be the sole property of the Salem Arts Association and its collaborators.
APPLICATION, PAYMENT, & NOTIFICATION:
- To apply, please read our guidelines thoroughly and complete the online application form. Please provide the following in your application:
- Links to your online information and examples should include at least three – five photos for review.
- Payment submitted via the registration process or by check.
We will take into careful consideration product variety, originality and quality of goods to provide a variety of high quality vendors for each market.
Once we have received and reviewed your application and accepted payment, you will receive an acceptance email. Applications will be reviewed on the Saturday following you application. Space assignments will be made on a first come first served basis. Registration will remain open until December 13 if spaces remain available.
If your application is not accepted you will receive a refund of your application fee, less a $15 application fee.
We will make every effort to include all qualified applications.
Questions? Email email@example.comRegistration Form