at Salem Old Town Hall
Hosted by Sue Grillo and Beki Ferrari
Salem Arts Association is bringing figure drawing opportunities to Old Town Hall This spring!
Drawing from life has been an essential tool in the history of the arts. Figure models are an essential part of learning to draw the human figure.
Two evenings are planned:
- Monday April 15 6:30-9:15
- Monday May 20 6:30-9:15
Doors open at 6:30 to prepare and settle in.
Doors will be locked at 6:55 to secure the models privacy. No one will be let in after the doors are closed. The model will start promptly at 7 and model for two hours.
These workshops will be held at Old Town Hall in Salem, MA on the lower level.
We’ll have a live model for a two-hour session to practicing drawing a model from life. There will be no instruction.Model will pose for various durations between 7 and 9 p.m.
Our event is hosted by Sue Grillo And Beki Ferrari; two members of the Salem Arts Association who have founded and have been hosting Salem’s premier weekly Drink n’ Draw for over 2 and a half years at the Gulu Gulu Cafe.
- Photographs of models are strictly prohibited.
- Doors will re-open at the end of the event.
- Please prepare to stay in the building for the duration.
- There is a suggested $10.00 donation at the door and the model will accept tips.
- Session will be a "no-fumes”, dust or splatter environment: Participants will bring their own supplies, which can include dry media and a simple water color palette set up.
- Artists must bring their own media and supports and easels/horses.
- Artists are responsible for making sure they leave no marks to Old Town Hall property. Bring a drop cloth if using water color.
- If models want to make themselves available for hire to the students, they will bring business cards which will be out for the taking. Artists will not ask models for their contact information otherwise.
Figure Exhibition at Salem Arts Association in June
All works created during our figure drawing workshops will be considered for the call for art in June, exhibiting at the Salem Arts Association gallery in Salem.