Call for Art: “All of the Arts are Sisters”
Nietzsche wrote that "all of the arts are sisters." We invite artists to submit work about or inspired by dance, music, theater, poetry (or any writing), or the visual arts or that incorporates visual elements from them (e.g., words, letters, musical notes, musical instruments) or otherwise explores this theme.
- Artwork Drop-Off: Sunday, July 28, 2019, 12:00-3:00pm at 211 Bridge Street
- Exhibit Dates: Saturday, August 3 - Sunday, August 25
- Opening Reception: Friday, August 2
- Location: Salem Arts Association Galleries at 211 Bridge Street, Salem MA 01970
Submission Criteria: This exhibit is open artists who may submit work in any medium for the juror’s consideration. This exhibit encourages artists to submit artworks that adhere to our theme.
Submission Fees: Salem Arts members fee is $5.00 per image submission. Non members fee is $10.00 per submission. Artists may submit up to three (3) items.
Submission Form: Please download the gallery submission form and provide all required information requested, and follow instructions on the form. Printed copies must be submitted with your submissions.
Exhibition Jurying: Salem Arts Gallery Committee representatives will jury this exhibit. Criteria will be based on execution quality, presentation/framing, and space availability.
- Drop Off Submissions: Sunday, July 28, 2019, 12:00 - 3:00 PM
- Notification of inclusion/exclusion: Notification by email by Wednesday, July 31.
- Pick up of unaccepted work: Any work not accepted will need to be picked up Saturday, August 3, 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Opening Reception: Friday, August 2, 2019.
- Exhibition Dates: Saturday, August 3, through Sunday August 25, 2019
- Gallery Hours are every Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Pick Up of Artwork: Sunday, August 25, 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Rules & Regulations: Please be sure to read the Salem Arts Association Artist Agreement and ensure you accept the agreement on your online member profile page. Non-members must also agree to our agreement provided at the gallery.
Presentation and framing: All submissions must be properly framed, matted, appropriately wired (no saw tooth hangars), and ready to hang. Wired images must have a tight wire positioned within the top quarter of the image height. All submissions will be inspected at take-in to assure they adhere to gallery standards. Submissions not meeting our standards will be rejected.
Sales and Volunteer Requirements: Exhibiting Salem Arts member artists are required to volunteer 3+ hours per month when your artwork is on display in the gallery or the gallery shop. Please sign up for a gallery host time slot or make arrangements for alternate volunteer opportunities. Click here for volunteer information and sign up.
* Non-member artists are not required to volunteer but are subject to a 40% sales commission. Member artist sales commission is 20%.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.