Call for Art: “Land and Sea”
"An exhibition celebrating New England's rich maritime history, beautiful coastline, and historic connection to the sea. "
- Artwork Drop-Off: Sunday, July 29, 2018 5-7pm (or by appointment)
- Exhibit Dates: Friday August 3 - Sunday September 30
- Opening Reception: Friday August 3 from 5:00 to 8:00 PM
- Location: Salem Arts Association Gallery, 211 Bridge Street (Ash St. Entrance) Salem MA 01970
We're proud to announce a Call for Art for “Land and Sea”, an exhibition celebrating New England's rich maritime history, beautiful coastline, and historic connection to the sea.
Salem Arts encourages all member artists to submit their interpretation of these themes by entering artwork in any medium or style
Submission Criteria: This exhibit is open only to current Salem Arts member artists who may submit work in any medium for the juror’s consideration. This exhibit encourages artists to submit artworks that adhere to our theme.
Submission Fees: Salem Arts members fee is $5.00 per image submission. Artists may submit up to three items.
Submission Form: Please download the gallery submission form and provide all required information requested, and follow instructions on the form. Printed copies must be submitted with your submissions.
Exhibition Jurying: Salem Arts Gallery Committee representatives will jury this exhibit. Criteria will be based on execution quality, presentation/framing, and space availability.
Awards: Our guest judge will be announced soon.
- 1st Prize: $100
- 2nd Prize: $75
- 3rd Prize: $50
- Honorable Mentions
- Drop Off Submissions: Sunday, July 29, 2018, 5:00 PM - 7:00
- Notification of inclusion/exclusion: Notification by email by Wednesday, August 1.
- Pick up of unaccepted work: Any work not accepted will need to be picked up Saturday, August 4, 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Opening Reception: Friday, August 3, 2018, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Exhibition Dates: Friday August 3, through Sunday September 30, 2018
- Gallery Hours are every Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Pick Up of Artwork: Sunday, September 30, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Rules & Regulations: Please be sure to read the Salem Arts Association Artist Agreement and ensure you accept the agreement on your online member profile page. Non-members must also agree to our agreement provided at the gallery.
Presentation and framing: All submissions must be properly framed, matted, appropriately wired (no saw tooth hangars), and ready to hang. Wired images must have a tight wire positioned within the top quarter of the image height. All submissions will be inspected at take-in to assure they adhere to gallery standards. Submissions not meeting our standards will be rejected.
Sales and Volunteer Requirements: Exhibiting Salem Arts member artists are required to volunteer 3+ hours per month when your artwork is on display in the gallery or the gallery shop. Please sign up for a gallery host time slot or make arrangements for alternate volunteer opportunities. Click here for volunteer information and sign up.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.