“En Plein Air and Beyond” 4th Annual Artists’ Residency at the House of the Seven Gables
Registration extended: Saturday May 20 2016
FREE - For Salem Arts Members Only
For the fourth year in a row The House of the Seven Gables will allow Salem Arts Association members on the grounds of their property to sketch, paint, photograph, write and do all things art related without the need to pay admission.
Work Sought: If you sketch, paint, draw, photograph, write or would otherwise like to create art about or in response to the House of the Seven Gables, you are encouraged to treat yourself to this wonderful opportunity. As this residency and exhibit is entitled “Plein Air & Beyond” – Feel free to expand your definition of a plein air experience! It can be painting or it can be your unique take on it!
Registration and Eligibility:
- Registration is FREE
- You must be a current Salem Arts member.
- You must register online prior to the May 9 deadline.
- You must provide an estimate of time(s) you most likely will participate? (we know it’s often weather dependent)
- Optional: Please email a 250 – 300 word description of your work for publication. We would like to create a take-away for visitors as part of the exhibition. Submit on the registration form or email to email@example.com.
- Monday, May 23 – Monday, May 30, 2016
- During their normal hours of operation of 10:00am to 5:00pm daily.
The following guidelines will apply:
- You will need to sign up in advance.
- You will need to sign in at the H7G each day we attend and wear name tags.
- You will need to protect the grounds from our art materials with drop cloths.
- You will be able to use provided tables, but not the iron tables which are for H7G visitors.
- You may use your own easels or other tools.
- You will be able to show & sell our work during the Salem Arts Festival and have an opening reception to celebrate the partnership at the House of the Seven Gables.
Art Exhibit and Reception:
All participating En Plein Air artists are invited to participate in the exhibition to be held at the House of the Seven Gables during the Salem Arts Festival following our En Plein Air Residency.
- Exhibition: Thursday, June 2, 2016
- Art drop-off: 10 -2 pm
- All work for exhibition must have its own easel (table or floor)
- Open to the public at 3 pm
- Reception with food and beverage 6-8 pm
- Art Pick-up: After the reception or make arrangements.
- Insurance: The House of the Seven Gables and Salem Arts are not responsible for any property loss or damage. Artists must provide their own insurance if they wish additional coverage.
En Plein Air Workshop:
In the Garden: Open Air Painting at The House of the Seven Gables with Sue Grillo
In conjunction with the residency, there will also be a free workshop open to the public on Sunday, May 29, 12 – 3 pm. Registrants must bring heir own art supplies.
Be sure to register on line if you wish to participate.
More information can be found here: http://www.salemarts.org/event-2198166
Please refer your questions to our event Co-chairs Sue Grillo and Annette Sykes. firstname.lastname@example.org